Let us help you reduce tension and relieve the negative effects of daily stress. Restore your sense of well-being with customized combinations of bodywork techniques including deep tissue, Swedish, hot stone, passive and active stretching, neuromuscular therapy, and a variety of energy work techniques.
We are experienced working with athletes, especially runners. Massage can enhance performance and aid recovery after an event. Massage sessions can include stretches to increase flexibility and range of motion and self-care recommendations to support the therapeutic work after you leave our office.
What to Expect
If you are new to Sunflower Bodyworks, print and complete our Health Intake Form (PDF) and bring it to your first appointment. The information you provide will help us tailor a massage session that will meet your specific needs.
Benefits of Massage
- Promotes deep relaxation and reduces stress
- Lowers blood pressure
- Relieves headache and eyestrain
- Strengthens immune system
- Reduces scar tissue development
- Supports injury recovery — pulls, sprains, strains, and swelling
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Improves joint flexibility and range of motion
- Releases muscle tension, soreness and stiffness
At Sunflower Bodyworks, massage therapists are nationally certified, and licensed by the State of Maryland.